The statutory objectives objectives of the Kimberley Development Commission (KDC) are set out in Section 23 of the Regional Development Commissions Act 1993.
These statutory objectives are to:
- Maximise job creation and improve career opportunities;
- Develop and broaden the economic base of the region;
- Identify infrastructure services to promote economic and social development;
- Provide information and advice to promote business development;
- Seek to ensure that the general standard of government services and access to those services in the region is comparable to that which applies in the metropolitan area; and
- Generally take steps to encourage, promote, facilitate and monitor the economic development of the region.