Royalties for Regions
Royalties for Regions is a Western Australian Government initiative that re-invests 25% (or up to $1 billion per annum) of the royalties collected from mining and resource operations into regional and remote communities in Western Australia.
Royalties for Regions focuses on delivering benefits to regional WA through six objectives:
- Building capacity in regional communities;
- Retaining benefits in regional communities;
- Improving services to regional communities;
- Attaining sustainability;
- Expanding opportunity; and
- Growing prosperity.
The two Royalties for Regions initiatives facilitated by the Kimberley Development Commission are the:
- Kimberley Regional Grants Scheme – applications have now closed. This Regional Grants Scheme round is for projects starting after 1 July 2017. The maximum grant size of $300,000 has been retained.
- Kimberley Community Chest Fund – applications have now closed. The maximum grant size of $50,000 has been retained.
Please click the links above for further information, guidelines and application forms. Alternatively please contact the Kimberley Development Commission Grants Officer on 9194 3001.
Other available funding
There are numerous funding opportunities available via other organisations. These may be accessed directly from the providing organisations’ websites. Links to some of these programs are provided below.
Remote Airstrip Upgrade (RAU) Programme
Page last updated: Thu Oct 5 2017 11:58:18 AM
Don't hesitate to call the Kimberley Development Commission with any queries or comments.
7 Ebony Street (PO Box 620)
Kununurra Western Australia 6743
T: +61 8 9148 2100
F: +61 8 9168 1473
Upstairs: Cnr Napier & Dampier Terrace (PO Box 172)
Broome, Western Australia 6725
T: +61 8 9194 3000
F: +61 8 9193 6142
Derby Western Australia 6728
T: +61 8 9194 3000 (Broome)