Royalties for Regions
Royalties for Regions is a Western Australian Government initiative that re-invests 25% (or up to $1 billion per annum) of the royalties collected from mining and resource operations into regional and remote communities in Western Australia.
Royalties for Regions focuses on delivering benefits to regional WA through six objectives:
- Building capacity in regional communities;
- Retaining benefits in regional communities;
- Improving services to regional communities;
- Attaining sustainability;
- Expanding opportunity; and
- Growing prosperity.
The two Royalties for Regions initiatives facilitated by the Kimberley Development Commission are the:
- Kimberley Regional Grants Scheme – applications have now closed. This Regional Grants Scheme round is for projects starting after 1 July 2017. The maximum grant size of $300,000 has been retained.
- Kimberley Community Chest Fund – applications have now closed. The maximum grant size of $50,000 has been retained.
Please click the links above for further information, guidelines and application forms. Alternatively please contact the Kimberley Development Commission Grants Officer on 9194 3001.
Page last updated: Fri Nov 25 2016 10:06:21 AM
Don't hesitate to call the Kimberley Development Commission with any queries or comments.
7 Ebony Street (PO Box 620)
Kununurra Western Australia 6743
T: +61 8 9148 2100
F: +61 8 9168 1473
Upstairs: Cnr Napier & Dampier Terrace (PO Box 172)
Broome, Western Australia 6725
T: +61 8 9194 3000
F: +61 8 9193 6142
West Kimberley House
16 Loch Street (PO Box 845)
Derby Western Australia 6728
T: +61 8 9193 1444