Opportunities for Businesses
Our Local Content Officer will help develop, promote and maximise opportunities for local suppliers, contractors and job-seekers in the regions by connecting to relevant government, industry, businesses, Aboriginal Corporations, employment and training stakeholders.
This page contains updates and advice on ongoing opportunities for businesses as part of our local content strategy in the Kimberley region of WA. For further information about Local Content please contact Kimberley Development Commission via email on email@example.com or phone Simon Marwick, Local Content Adviser on 08 9194 3004. Alternative you could subscribe to receive updates at the bottom of this page.
Our Local Content Officer aims to:
- Increase regional businesses’ knowledge, skills and capability to capture regional opportunities as per the Building Local Industry Policy.
- Increase the portion of State Government and Industry contracts secured by regional contractors and businesses.
- Develop specific opportunities for regional Aboriginal business in securing government and industry contracts.
- Provide regional perspectives to support decision making for the awarding of State Government contracts.
- Maximise regional supplier and subcontracting arrangements and outcomes through Industry Participation Plans.
- Engage with lead contractors and suppliers to promote maximum local job-seeker participation.
- Monitor the performance of contracts and report best practice and instances where Buy Local Policy or intent has been overlooked.
If you would like to receive updates from our Local Content Officer, please subscribe below.
Page last updated: Mon Sep 2 2019 2:45:52 PM
Don't hesitate to call the Kimberley Development Commission with any queries or comments.
7 Ebony Street (PO Box 620)
Kununurra Western Australia 6743
T: +61 8 9148 2100
Upstairs: Cnr Napier & Dampier Terrace (PO Box 172)
Broome, Western Australia 6725
T: +61 8 9194 3000
Derby Western Australia 6728
T: +61 8 9194 3000 (Broome)