The Regional New Industries Fund (RNIF) is an initiative under the WA New Industries Fund, which was launched on 28 November 2017.
As part of this initiative, $4.5 million will be allocated to regional Western Australia to support the capability and economic sustainability of regional economies. Up to $300,000 will be allocated to each of the 9 regions (Regional Stream) and a further $1.4 million will be available for inter-regional projects (State Network Stream) that drive collaboration between innovators.
The first round of RNIF opened on 7 March 2018. This opening included inviting expressions of interest to nominate for inclusion in the regional innovation partnership.
The RNIF may support a range of different initiatives targeting:
- Small Business Enterprises (SMEs)
- Mature industries including Innovation Hubs, Business growth programs
- Investment attraction
- Industry-university collaboration and research programs.
The aim is to catalyse Western Australia’s regional competitiveness by:
- supporting new and SMEs to grow building innovation, entrepreneurial and commercialisation capabilities;
- supporting and accelerating new and growth-oriented businesses; and
- creating sustainable and diversified regional economies that generate new jobs and industries.
- promoting co-investment opportunities between business, government and other organisations
The Kimberley Development Commission hosted information briefings on the Monday 18 June in Kununurra and Tuesday 19 June 2018 in Broome to provide Kimberley stakeholders information on the program and how they can be involved through the partnership.
What is the Kimberley Development Commission (KDC) role under the RNIF?
Our key role is to establish, manage and coordinate Regional Innovation Partnerships with regionally based organisations or individuals linked to innovation and business development.
KDC’s role includes:
- collaboratively develop and deliver Regional Innovation Road map;
- develop Regional Innovation Action Plan and priorities;
- identify innovation projects for consideration of funding from the RNIF;
- nominate a ‘delivery lead’ organisation from within the Partnership to implement the project;
- distribute funding to the delivery leads via a Financial Assistance Agreement with the Commission.
- participation in Inter Regional Working Groups
Organisations and businesses can register to join a Regional Innovation Partnership. Roadshow briefings, to explain how the fund works, will be held in each region over the next two months. KDC will announce Kimberley roadshow dates on our website once available.
Other links containing relevant information on the New Industries initiative are:
For further information about Local Content please contact Kimberley Development Commission via email on email@example.com or phone Dylan Heath, Local Content Adviser on 08 9194 3004 or Mob 0438 161 658.
Page last updated: Fri Aug 10 2018 3:28:32 PM
Don't hesitate to call the Kimberley Development Commission with any queries or comments.
7 Ebony Street (PO Box 620)
Kununurra Western Australia 6743
T: +61 8 9148 2100
F: +61 8 9168 1473
Upstairs: Cnr Napier & Dampier Terrace (PO Box 172)
Broome, Western Australia 6725
T: +61 8 9194 3000
F: +61 8 9193 6142
Derby Western Australia 6728
T: +61 8 9194 3000 (Broome)