This page will be regularly updated as more links and information become available.
COVID-19 Update for the Kimberley region
- Update 06 July 2020, WA Aboriginal Policy and Coordination Unit
Binarri-binyja Yarrawoo (backbone for Empowered Communities East Kimberley) and Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Service have put together a bulletin of critical information for Kimberley networks.
- Read the most recent bulletin #7 (released Tuesday 5 May at 1:00pm AWST).
- The bulletin will be updated as information changes- please continue to check Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services regularly.
WA Government Media releases
- Access restricted to protect people living in the Kimberley and remote Aboriginal communities
- Intrastate travel restrictions in place from 11:59pm Tuesday 31 March 2020
The above State Government information is highly valuable and relevant for people looking to travel between WA regions. For those travelling to the Kimberley from anywhere outside the Kimberley region, a stricter series of restrictions are in place under the Commonwealth Biosecurity Act, according to designated biosecurity areas. These restrictions on travel to the Kimberley have been put in place for additional protection of highly vulnerable Aboriginal population living throughout the region.
If your business is being affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) there are resources which may help, and the links below provide access to this information.
- Business.gov.au Information for all types of business, including sole traders
- Small Business Development Corporation
For those seeking latest official advice on COVID-19 in Western Australia, please refer to:
Page last updated: Tue Jul 7 2020 10:57:34 AM
Don't hesitate to call the Kimberley Development Commission with any queries or comments.
7 Ebony Street (PO Box 620)
Kununurra Western Australia 6743
T: +61 8 9148 2100
Upstairs: Cnr Napier & Dampier Terrace (PO Box 172)
Broome, Western Australia 6725
T: +61 8 9194 3000
Derby Western Australia 6728
T: +61 8 9194 3000 (Broome)