There are a number of grant opportunities related to innovation that could be accessed by businesses and individuals living in the Kimberley region. This page contains details on the X-TEND WA Grants and Regional New Industries Fund (RNIF) opportunities.
For further information on innovation initiatives please contact the Kimberley Development Commission via email on email@example.com or phone 08 9148 2100.
X-TEND WA Grants
The X-TEND WA Program will fund organisations which deliver innovator and/or investor educational programs that support the development of entrepreneurs and stimulate private investment in innovative projects in Western Australia. Applications up to $100,000 will be considered.
Applications opened 9am (AWST) Monday 25 March and close 11am (AWST) Tuesday 23 April 2019.
Applications should deliver activities in one or two of the following streams:
- Entrepreneurial education
- Investor education
They may take the form of educational forums, mentoring, and incubator and accelerator programs.
Proposed programs must be delivered in Western Australia and contribute towards the growth of the innovation community. Applications that strengthen innovation ecosystem collaboration and improve access to, or participation in, the Western Australian innovation community are encouraged.
Apply online via the X-TEND WA Program online grant platform.
Before applying please read the Guidelines for Applicants X-TEND WA Program.
Regional New Industries Fund (RNIF)
The Regional New Industries Fund (RNIF) is an initiative under the WA New Industries Fund. As part of this initiative, $4.5 million will be allocated to regional Western Australia to support the capability and economic sustainability of regional economies. Up to $300,000 will be allocated to each of the 9 regions (Regional Stream) and a further $1.4 million will be available for inter-regional projects (State Network Stream) that drive collaboration between innovators.
Applications for the second round of the program opened on 03 October 2018 (no set closing date) and the initiative is inviting expressions of interest. Organisations and businesses can also register to join a Regional Innovation Partnership.
The RNIF may support a range of different initiatives targeting:
- Small Business Enterprises (SMEs)
- Mature industries including Innovation Hubs, Business growth programs
- Investment attraction
- Industry-university collaboration and research programs.
The aim is to catalyse Western Australia’s regional competitiveness by:
- Supporting new and SMEs to grow building innovation, entrepreneurial and commercialisation capabilities;
- Supporting and accelerating new and growth-oriented businesses; and
- Creating sustainable and diversified regional economies that generate new jobs and industries.
- Promoting co-investment opportunities between business, government and other organisations
What is the Kimberley Development Commission (KDC) role under the RNIF?
Our key role is to establish, manage and coordinate Regional Innovation Partnerships with regionally based organisations or individuals linked to innovation and business development.
KDC’s role includes:
- Collaboratively develop and deliver Regional Innovation Road map;
- Develop Regional Innovation Action Plan and priorities;
- Identify innovation projects for consideration of funding from the RNIF;
- Nominate a ‘delivery lead’ organisation from within the Partnership to implement the project;
- Distribute funding to the delivery leads via a Financial Assistance Agreement with the Commission.
- Participation in Inter Regional Working Groups
Other links containing relevant information on the New Industries initiative are:
For further information about innovation initiatives please contact the Kimberley Development Commission via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9148 2100.
Page last updated: Tue Mar 26 2019 9:02:42 AM
Don't hesitate to call the Kimberley Development Commission with any queries or comments.
7 Ebony Street (PO Box 620)
Kununurra Western Australia 6743
T: +61 8 9148 2100
Upstairs: Cnr Napier & Dampier Terrace (PO Box 172)
Broome, Western Australia 6725
T: +61 8 9194 3000
Derby Western Australia 6728
T: +61 8 9194 3000 (Broome)