February 10, 2020
Congratulations to Ms Kira Fong, Kimberley Development Commission (KDC) Board Member, who was recently awarded the Order of Australia (OAM) in the General Division for service to the Indigenous community of the Kimberley in the recent Australia Day Honours list. Kira was one of 837 people recognised for being an outstanding and inspirational Australian, an incredible accomplishment. Kira will be invested with her award by the State Governor of Western Australia on 03 April 2020.
The break-down of Order of Australia Honours in the Australia Day 2020 list:
- 5 appointed Companions of the Order (AC)
- 59 appointed Officers of the Order (AO)
- 224 appointed Members of the Order (AM)
- 549 Medals (OAM) awarded.
Kira has made a huge impact in the Kimberley community and holds a number of key positions:
- Chief Operations Officer, since 2003 – Goolarri Media Enterprises.
- Founder, Kimberley Girl Program, since 2004.
- Chairperson, Cable Beach Primary School.
- Chairperson, Broome Cluster of Independent Schools.
- Board Member, Country Arts Western Australia, 2007-2013.
- Committee Member, Broome Junior Cricket Association.
- Board Member, Kimberley Development Commission.