Opportunities for Businesses
Our Local Content Officer will help develop, promote and maximise opportunities for local suppliers, contractors and job-seekers in the regions by connecting to relevant government, industry, businesses, Aboriginal Corporations, employment and training stakeholders.
This page contains updates and advice on ongoing opportunities for businesses as part of our local content strategy in the Kimberley region of WA. For further information about Local Content please contact Kimberley Development Commission via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Dylan Heath, Local Content Advisor on 08 9194 3004 or Mobile 0438 161 658.
Our Local Content Officer aims to:
- Increase regional businesses’ knowledge, skills and capability to capture regional opportunities as per the Building Local Industry Policy.
- Increase the portion of State Government and Industry contracts secured by regional contractors and businesses.
- Develop specific opportunities for regional Aboriginal business in securing government and industry contracts.
- Provide regional perspectives to support decision making for the awarding of State Government contracts.
- Maximise regional supplier and subcontracting arrangements and outcomes through Industry Participation Plans.
- Engage with lead contractors and suppliers to promote maximum local job-seeker participation.
- Monitor the performance of contracts and report best practice and instances where Buy Local Policy or intent has been overlooked.
Businesses wishing to engage with a number of regional projects (for example, Project Sea Dragon) should register their interest on the ICN Gateway
Businesses can either register for full or partial scopes. Businesses wishing to advertise their capabilities for future sub-contractor opportunities should complete the partial scope section and highlight their capabilities.
Other important links on tenders and jobs
Page last updated: Tue Dec 11 2018 11:25:40 AM